10 Things To Do In Barcelona If You Are In Town for MWC
Hola a todos!
MWC Barcelona is here! As a Barcelonian, when this time of the year arrives I get many questions about what to do/where to go in Barcelona. In order to help all the game developers that travel to Barcelona this month, I’ve put together a list of the top 10 things to do if you are attending MWC.
1. Walk from Plaza Catalunya through Las Ramblas, an amazing street full of life. You will see El Mercat De la Boqueria on your right. Enter and enjoy the colors. Continue walking down until you reach the Cristobal Colon statue.
2. Go back uphill and to your right to get lost in the streets of El Barri Gotic. The center of the old town still retains a maze-like street plan, with many small streets opening out into squares. You can visit The Cathedral and the old Royal Palace.
3. Continue walking to El Born, a bohemian neighborhood where you’ll find the most beautiful and hidden fashion stores. Have a glass of Rioja in one the wine bars in your way. Enter Santa Maria del Mar and finish your walk with a delicious tapas lunch at the Mercat de Santa Caterina.
4. Take a cab to La Pedrera and enjoy the views from the rooftop of the Modernist building designed by Gaudi. Both the La Pedrera Museum and the rooftop are absolutely worth a visit (tickets here), but the building is also beautiful from the outside.
5. Walk downhill on Passeig de Gracia, the nerve center of the old Catalan bourgeoisie. Find La Casa Batllo on your right, and enjoy another piece of Gaudi’s unique architecture.
6. Find Rambla de Catalunya, another beautiful walk that this time you can do uphill.
7. Visit more of Gaudi’s highlights: El Park Guell, a modernist park with great views over the city (you need to get a ticket upfront), and Sagrada Familia (also get your ticket in advance), an astounding temple that has been under construction for over one hundred years.
8. Walk around Montjuic, the magical mountain, MNAC, the biggest Art Museum, Las Arenas, a shopping center built inside a bullfighting plaza, and the Ciutat Olímpica, where most of the 1992 Olympics took place.
9. Have a gin and tonic at Mirabe SkyBar and enjoy the views over the city from the Tibidabo Mountain or at the Eclipse Bar, on the rooftop of the W Hotel by the Barceloneta.
10. Meet the Chartboost team! Here are some of the options we are giving you:
- Come to our Welcome Drinks on Monday, February 22nd at 7:30pm. Ask your account manager for an invite if you are interested!
- Attend our Workshop at 4YFN (Fira1) on Monday, February 22nd at 3pm.
- Attend our Panel “the future of Gaming” at 4YFN (Fira1) on Wednesday, February 25th at 3pm.
For a list of some of our favorite restaurants, bars and clubs, click here.