Do’s and Don’ts for Chartboost Users
Our goal at Chartboost is to make sure our dev community builds successful businesses through monetizing apps and acquiring users. We do this by keeping our network balanced and healthy so game publishers receive high eCPM and advertisers see a high ROI.
To maintain your games as a high-quality publisher on our network, here are some best practices we recommend.
- Be smart about the way you use ads in your game. Control when and where your players see ads. Try the latest ad formats to give your players the best experience possible. Engaged players help your earnings and the overall health of the Chartboost platform.
- Protect your accounts. Keep your passwords secure and limit how many other users have access to your account.
- Make sure any ads submitted are appropriate and your intellectual property. When submitting your ad creatives, always make sure that they are not obscene, and legally your own brand, trademark, or IP.
- Make sure any third-party services for your app are also legitimate. You are responsible for any third party you grant access to your Chartboost account. Always make sure you are working with legitimate partners who comply with our terms and conditions and help you keep your games healthy.
- Use Test Mode before you go live. This allows you to preview any ads that may appear in your game without any irregular behavior. Learn more.
- Monitor your key advertising and post-install metrics. Suspiciously high clickthrough and install rates can be signs of non-human traffic. Also, negligent seven-day retention and purchase events are usually signs of fraud.
- Check your publishing campaigns in the dashboard. While publishing campaigns might feel like something you don’t need to monitor, it’s best to check in on your performance and the quality of inventory that your game is bringing to the Chartboost ecosystem.
- Follow all app store and ad network guidelines. Double-check the guidelines for your game, ads, or users to ensure that you won’t be flagged for inappropriate activity. These guidelines can be found in any network’s terms of services. Click here to read Chartboost’s terms and conditions.
- Reach out to the Chartboost support team. We’re here if you have questions!
- Don’t incentivize your users to click or install. We want players to genuinely download the apps and content promoted through Chartboost. In the short term, incentivizing the users might pump up your earnings, but it actually brings in low-quality users that harms advertisers. (You CAN use rewarded video to give users in-game currency for watching an ad.)
- Don’t use bots. Software-generated traffic is not allowed on Chartboost. Always know where your traffic is coming from, and make sure that you trust the channels you’re using to grow your audiences.
By following these simple guidelines, you’ll flourish on the Chartboost network and truly turn your mobile game into a formidable business. If you ever have any questions, our support team would love to chat with you!